We are pleased to announce that we will be opening our doors to patients again. In preparation, we have registered our business with Garfield County, following the guidelines of the Department of Public Health, the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You will notice some changes when you call to schedule and arrive for your next appointment. For example:
- When your appointment is confirmed, you will be screened for exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will have a “virtual waiting room.” Upon arrival in our parking lot, we will ask that patients call or text our front desk from your vehicle or before entering the building. A provider will meet you at your car, where your temperature will be taken, and you will be screened again before entering.
- We will ask that all patients bring and wear a face mask until they are seated for their appointment and sanitize their hands upon arrival, and we will give a pre-procedural anti-viral rinse before dental work begins.
- In addition to the usual protective gear we wear, our staff will be wearing N95 face masks, face shields and surgical gowns. We are no strangers to infection control, so rest assured that our office is one of the most germ-free spaces you will enter.
- We are staggering appointment times and check-out times to minimize patient numbers, to even further individualize your experience and to keep 6 feet of distance between patients.
- We are allowing extra time for appointments for screening, as well as an increased disinfection protocol in operatories between patients.
- We are also staggering the use of each exam room to allow more time between patients.
- We have placed a clear barrier between patients and administration for check-out, and payment processing will be kept to minimal contact. We have also removed magazines, books, and community coffee and water from our reception area in an effort to minimize any exposure.
We hope that knowing the measures we have taken will instill a confidence in your safety at our office. Many more practices are happening behind the scenes to ensure we are following the highest level of care. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your care. Many of you have had to postpone important appointments, and we will do our best to get all of you in as quickly as possible in the coming weeks. To make an appointment, please call our office at (970) 945-9119. We are excited to begin what we do best once again, and we genuinely look forward to seeing you.