If a tooth is significantly damaged or decayed, we may recommend a dental crown. A crown is a type of dental restoration that can be utilized to restore damaged teeth. Dental crowns are designed to entirely encase the damaged tooth, restoring the tooth to its original shape, appearance, and size. By completely capping the tooth, the dental crown can improve the health, beauty, and function of your smile. Our caring dentist, Dr. Corey Johnson, may also recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Restore a dental implant and replace a missing tooth
- Hold together a tooth that is broken or cracked
- Strengthen a weakened tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
Dental crowns are custom made to look just like your natural teeth, so you can feel confident that your smile looks attractive and natural. If you so desire, your dental crown in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, can be created from porcelain for a natural-looking aesthetic. Porcelain is also very durable, so your crown will last for years to come. For more information on the benefits of dental crowns, we invite you to contact us at Corey I. Johnson D.D.S., P.C. today.