The addition of the internet in our lives allows us to maintain much healthier lifestyles than before, given the amount of information at our fingertips. With such a wealth of information to process, it’s always important to stay up-to-date on what information we are taking in, and how much of it we implement in our lives. Test your own current oral health, by asking yourself the following questions:
– Do you schedule regular visits with your dentist?
– Has a dentist or doctor cleared you of all eating disorders?
– Do you typically use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Do you use safe teeth whitening products? Have you discussed the products with a dentist?
– Have you had your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist?
– Do you avoid sugary drinks such as soda?
– Do you use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury? If applicable, do you consistently clean your mouthguard?
– Do you avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings?
– Do you avoid hard candies?
– Do you know your complete dental history?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
The more you know, the better prepared you will be. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call Corey I. Johnson D.D.S., P.C. at 970-945-9119 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, and let us help you achieve a healthy smile today.